Friday, March 8, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Celebration

Being second generation Irish, St. Patrick's Day has always been a big deal in my family.  After my first trip to Ireland in 1995, my Irish heritage became even more important to me personally and I began to share it in depth with my children and my husband.  After my second trip for my 20th wedding anniversary in 2000 when my children and my husband joined me, they too became deeply connected to their Irish heritage.  Okay, my Jewish husband decided he liked Ireland and wanted to move there and be a shepherd.  But still, we all became very deeply involved in our Irish culture. 

St. Patrick's Day, with the true meaning of it and celebrating all thing Irish, is something we all love to do.  We are all going to be together at the pub for some Irish food, music and fun this St. Patrick's Day.  Here are some photos from last St. Patrick's Day and from our trip to Ireland.  I hope you enjoy them and it gets you in the mood to celebrate. 

The Pub 2012

Me and my little leprechaun.

My adopted leprechaun.

My grandson dancing to some Irish music.

My Irish beauty.
Gotta love a man in a kilt!

Ireland 2000

This is how you kiss the Blarney Stone.  Yup, for real.  After climbing up some very narrow stone steps that are a spiral staircase with people going in both directions with no hand rails.  Oh and that's my husband.

The breathtaking Cliffs of Moher

I love that I caught the reflection of the castle in the pond.  This was a jump out of the tour bus and grab a pic.  No idea what castle this is. 



This is actually a cottage that you could rent to stay in.  Stunning isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment