Monday, March 25, 2013

French Memo Board

I don't know about you, but we seem to have an ever increasing number of papers that we need to keep in a convenient place (dry cleaners slips, gift cards, etc.) so we don't forget them.  I have one of these boards, but it is occupied by family photos on the side of my fridge.  So I decided a second one was in order for the papers.

Here is what you need to make it:

1 foam core board (about $3)

1 1/2 yards of fabric (varies)

2 rolls of 1 inch wide fabric ribbon each about 3 yards (varies)

1 dozen or so large buttons (about $5)

1 dozen wood clothes pins ($1)

Hot glue gun and glue sticks

Iron the fabric to get out the wrinkles from the fabric store.  Lay your foam board in the center of the fabric and wrap it like a package.  Hot glue the edges closed. 


Next you can start to add the ribbons.  Glue them on the back and criss-cross them on the front of the board.  Hot glue them together where they cross so they won't slide apart.  Hot glue a large button where the ribbons cross.

Add wood clothes pins to attach your letters, bills, etc. 

Use 3M Command Strips on the back to hang it.  This is a very light piece so they will hold it nicely.  I used 6 of the Velcro hangers to hang this one. 

I love how this looks and it's quite handy! 

3 comments:

  1. Fun project!! It's nice to make something like this for yourself.

    Thanks for sharing with my WW blog party :))

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing.
    I'm visiting you today from Salt Tree Social. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Medicine Cabinet Makeover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!! Hopping over to your blogs right now!!!

    ReplyDelete