Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall Wreath

I decided I wanted a Fall Wreath for my front window.  Not a Halloween wreath, just a general Fall Wreath.  I saw some on Pinterest that were simply tulle tied around styrofoam rings.  I couldn't find any styrofoam rings, but I did find a straw one.  So I decided to make this one.

Well, the 12 inch strips didn't make it quite fluffy enough.  I think the styrofoam rings have a smaller diameter and that allows the tulle to tie around them better.  I would definitely cut the strips to about 18 inch lengths for this project in the future.  But I do like the look of this too.

Here are the supplies I used:

1 - 24 inch straw wreath

3 rolls of 25 yards each of tulle; 1 orange, 1 yellow, 1 brown

and my handy dandy hot glue gun

I had some ribbon that I thought I would wrap the wreath in, but it wasn't enough.  So I skipped it.

Here is how the wreath looks in my window:




No comments:

Post a Comment