Sunday, November 10, 2013

Super Lawyer!

This past summer, my husband was named among one of Philadelphia Magazine's "Super Lawyers".  We were really surprised and honored by this distinction! 

We have been holding on to the magazine and I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to preserve it and display it at the same time.  I knew I needed a shadow box, that was a given.  I also knew I had to wrap the magazine to make it sort of dust proof. 

I decided to use one of the heavy plastic storage bags that we use for extra large items.

This particular box came from the Dollar Tree, so very inexpensive.  I cut off the zipper part and I cut up each side of it.  Then I opened the magazine to the page where my husband's name is listed and folded it back.  I wrapped it like a present using packing tape to secure it.  Then I made a little banner for on top of the magazine once it was in the shadow box.  I tried to use the pins that came with the shadow box to secure the magazine in place using the plastic.  Yeah, that didn't work.  But I did use one of the pins for the banner. 

So now, instead of a magazine with a swimsuit model on the front, we have his accomplishment on full display! 

No comments:

Post a Comment