Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Everything Is Just Ducky!


I found this project on Pinterest: Mason Jar Duck and I thought it would be a great craft to do with my grandson!

I decided it would be a cute little gift for him to make for his new baby brother.  (Of course the candy inside will NEED to be eaten by big brother!)

Here are the supplies we used:

1 glass jar with a screw on plastic lid, Duco Cement, scraps of fabric, 1 cupcake paper cut in half, black Sharpie, some yellow and white jelly beans, and 1 package of Peeps.


I cut out feet from brown fabric and a beak from some green gingham.  I folded the cupcake paper in half and then cut it in half again. So the "wings" are the size of 1/4 of a cupcake paper.  I folded the paper so that is would stick out when glued on the jar.

Then we glued the feet on first.  Next we glued on the beak and drew on the eyes with the Sharpie.   After that it was wing time!!!  Then, it was just time to fill it with the jellybeans!!!


After that, we filled the remaining space with the Peeps and put the lid on nice and tightly!!  



He's so proud of himself!!!  Kids really get something out of making crafts and art projects.


Yep, little brother can have the jar!  He'll take the candy!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment