Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blinged Out Boo!


Blinged Out Boo!


I found this great black faux pumpkin at A.C. Moore on a 40% off sale!  So I had to have it!!  It was still a bit pricey, about $20 even with the discount.  Then I wanted to do something different with it.  As I was trying to find some tulle to wrap it with in the bridal section, I found this rhinestone ribbon wrap that is supposed to be used for wrapping the stems of bouquets.  It was $2.99 for 2 yards.  I knew I had some type of ribbon at home to use for the top.  

 Here are all the supplies I used:


I measured the pumpkin to see how long my pieces needed to be.  I thought 9 inch pieces, 2 yards should give me 8 - 9 inch pieces.  Well, I guess it was a short 2 yards!



Everything was evenly spaced and then I ended up with the gap above!  What to do, what to do?  Hmm...it looks like a chalkboard.  Do I have something that can write on it?  I have a silver Sharpie, will it work?  I tried it on the bottom and it did!  So, here is my solution:


I think it's pretty cute!!!








4 comments: