Saturday, March 29, 2014

Baby Box


I made this keepsake box for my new grandson who will be here on April 9th.  What it lacks in finesse, it makes up for in love!


This is based on a very expensive box I saw in a baby store several years ago when my daughter was expecting my first grandson.  I made one for him and so I had to make one for his brother as well!  For Joseph's box, I used tiny envelopes which I couldn't find again.  So I purchased small gauze bags from the bridal aisle to use for the "First Tooth" and "First Curl" holders.  I wrote on them with a Sharpie.  I slipped some card stock in the bags so that the ink didn't leak through the fabric.




I lined the box with some stretch velveteen.  I wrapped it around some cardboard first and then glued it in to the top and bottom of the box.  

The entire box was first painted yellow, the letters were David Tutera letters and were a little too green so I put a light coat of yellow on them as well.  My spacing is a tad off on those.  I would recommend laying out your letters before gluing them down.  My glue is messy because I was using a new glue gun.  Also a tip, try out your equipment if it is new.  The triggers on glue guns are different and the pressure you need on one is different than another.  I used some scrapbook embellishments which were also David Tutera for the decorations.  

Here are all of the items I used to make this:


To make this an extra special keepsake, I added this on the back with a black Sharpie:



Let me know what you think!  Let me know if you try it, if the tutorial is a good one, give me your feedback!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment