Semi Homemade Baked Ziti
1 (16 oz.) package ziti pasta
1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg beaten
1 (32 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
¼ Cup Parmesan cheese
3 Plum Tomatoes diced
3 to 4 Cloves Garlic minced
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook 8 to 10 minutes until al dente, drain and rinse.
3. In a large bowl; beat the egg, then add all but ¾ of a cup of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, the diced tomatoes, the minced garlic, the fresh basil and 1 ½ Cups of the spaghetti sauce.
4. Mix this all very well with a spatula.
5. Then add the ziti and toss until well combined.
6. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture.
7. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
If you have ever heard the term "semi homemade" and wondered what it means, this is it! It means taking some things that are premade (a jarred sauce, a boxed mix, etc.) and some fresh ingredients and coming up with something delicious!!! This really worked. The fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic made this really taste fresh!!!