Chicken Fingers With Chive Dipping Sauce
- 8 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cup(s) of Plain Corn Flakes (1 full box), crushed in a food processor
- 2 cup(s) of Cream, divided
- 2 tbsp. Fresh chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- ½ Cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup(s) Chopped Scallions
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice chicken breast into “finger” size pieces.
3. Place 1 Cup of cream in a bowl. Soak chicken in Cream for 1 hour.
4. In a small bowl, place Hellman’s Mayonnaise. Whisk in 1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt, a pinch Garlic Powder, and ½ tsp. Black pepper and coast chicken fingers in Mayonnaise.
5. Place corn flake crumbs in a bowl, mix in a pinch Garlic Powder, ½ tsp. Black Pepper and 1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt. Dredge chicken fingers in corn flake crumbs.
6. Place chicken on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. (Spray chicken fingers with cooking spray to add additional crispiness.) Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Sauce: Melt butter in a large sauce pan. Add chives and sauté for 1 minute. Add 1 Cup cream to pan. Sift in corn starch and blend well. Add Parsley and Dill, stir and bring to a simmer.
8. Let the sauce simmer and it will reduce and become thicker, about 10 minutes.
- 1/3 cup(s) of Olive Oil
- 4 Plum Tomatoes sliced
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Loaves of 2 inch diameter bread sliced in ¼ inch slice
- 24 Large Fresh Basil leaves
- ½ lb. Mozzarella cheese
- In a large mixing bowl mix together garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper and olive oil.
- Gently mix in tomatoes.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Slice bread on a diagonal about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove tomatoes from olive oil mixture and set aside.
- Brush tops of bread slices with olive oil mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 5 minutes. Until just toasted.
- Place a large leaf of Basil on each slice of bread and top with a slice of tomato.
- Scoop mozzarella cheese with a tablespoon size measuring spoon and top tomato slice with mozzarella cheese.