Sunday, February 2, 2014

An Evening In Paris

This past Friday night, I had the pleasure of being the event planner for a young lady who is like a daughter to me.  She is my son's best friend since high school and has been a part of our family for many years.  Her husband wanted to give her a 30th birthday party, but being a busy doctor he has no idea how to get it done.  So, he turned to me. 

Since Nikki was a fashion design major in college and is very much in to all things fashion, I thought "An Evening In Paris" theme would be great.  It also helped that there were a lot of items for this theme on clearance on Oriental Trading

So the first thing I did was to book a nice venue at a great little Italian restaurant near their home called Villa Barone.  I did almost everything for this party online or over the phone since I live about a 45 minute drive from the venue. 

I actually ordered the cake without ever seeing the baker or bakery in person at all!  I intended to get to the restaurant in time for delivery, but the absolutely horrible Friday afternoon traffic kept me from getting there on time!  So I sent photos, had the good doctor drop off a check, and got this AMAZING cake from My Little Kupkake which is a few doors down from Villa Barone! 



I decided to got with the themes of pink, black and champagne for some of the food as well.  I did a candy bar that was completely pink and black candy. 


I made pink champagne cupcakes with pink champagne icing that were delicious!!! 

Next is was a signature drink!  We went with one we dubbed "An American In Paris".  It was pink champagne with strawberry vodka and grenadine.  It was very sweet, but very good!! 

Here are some of the details that brought the theme thoughout the entire party:




To me, there is nothing better than to provide somebody with an event that is personalized to them.  It shows that they are thought about and that they are appreciated.  This event was a success because Nikki enjoyed so much.  She is always planning things for everybody else and she deserved to have her own party that was of the same level that she gives everybody else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment