Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter and Valentine's Mantle

Love is in the air!  And it's on my mantle!!!

I like to decorate for EVERY holiday!  So, it's time to put some love on things.  But I don't want to go completely Pepto on everything.  I want to have a bit that can transition through the whole winter season.

I had some leftover snowflake ornaments that I got at the Dollar Tree along with just a few plastic Christmas balls that were white, pearly, and glittery.  I had 1, just 1, BIG clear plastic snowflake.  I originally bought that for the photo shoot with my grandson.  But I realized that clear was not going to photograph well and I went with the white ones that were just perfect!!!  I also have three large tall clear vases in my closet of things to use for parties and for decor.  I had 3 small boxes with lids that were pink and red.  One of the boxes is heart shaped.  Those were the raw materials for my mantle decor.

Here is what I did with them:


First I filled the glass vase with the snowflakes and the Christmas balls making something reminiscent of the movie Frozen.  Then I propped the large clear snowflake in front of it.


With just the one vase, it really is an impressive statement on the mantle.


Next, I simply added the little boxes turned on their sides.  I wanted the bows on the lids to show.  I think they look adorable!  And, when Valentine's Day is over, they can easily be stored away leaving the vase to last the winter.

Easy, simple, and no glue gun needed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment