Egg Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Icing
(Makes 12 Cupcakes)
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. Salt
1 ¾ Cups All Purpose Flour
¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
½ Cup + 3 Tbsp. Sour Cream
½ Cup Milk
1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tbsp. Clear Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
1. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy.
2. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Slowly add to vanilla mixture small amounts at a time.
5. Now add ½ Cup Sour Cream and Milk and mix thoroughly. Whip on medium speed about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Fill cupcake papers 2/3 full.
7. Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Pop cupcakes out of the pan and let them finish cooling on the rack for another 10 minutes.
Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full using small ice cream scoop.
Makes about 2 dozen cupcakes.
While waiting for the cupcakes to cool, you can make the icing.
1. In a large well-chilled bowl, with a well-chilled beater, place heavy cream.
2. Add Confectioner’s sugar and vanilla
3. Whip on high speed for about 5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
4. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and ice cupcakes in a circular motion forming a rosette.