Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Year's Eve Buffet

Well it's that time again!  Time to ring out the old year and ring in the new year.  Here is my idea of how to set up a great buffet and bar for your celebration.


I have a great cut glass decanter that I got at Macy's. I put ice water in it and, if I use a second one, I put iced tea in that one.  I set out a bucket with a bottle of champagne, some sugar cubes in a bowl, and a pitcher of cranberry juice.


This is a twist on a mimosa.  Instead of orange juice, you use cranberry juice and it's called a poinsettia!!!  How cool is that for a holiday party?


I picked up this rectangular tin tray that is actually for a bathroom on a whim.  I decided it would be perfect to hold my silverware for this buffet.


 The table cloths and balloons are from Dollar Tree.


The gold star plates are also from Dollar Tree.


I made roast beef, roast turkey (but you could use roast pork to bring luck on New Year's Day) and gravies to go with them.  I have two crock pots for the meats and one that has three small pots in it for the gravies.  I had a chafer for garlic smashed potatoes and green beans with butter.  


Dessert was Cannoli Dip and Chocolate Covered Marshmallows.  I decided to stud the marshmallows with chocolate chips (both white and milk chocolate).  This proved to be very time intensive.


It was all a huge hit!  Hope this helps to give you some ideas for your celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment